Chalet Sonne - Hochkönig ski circuit
Sleeps up to 11 - Half board basis from £345 per person.
Self-catered or catered options
The Hochkönig Ski Circuit
Over 150kms of piste
Chalet Sonne Overview
Chalet Sonne has been fully renovated and the decor thoughtfully and tastefully planned. Our chalet combines contemporary amenities alongside traditional alpine features. Guests feel completely at home in the hand-carved, panelled living room with... its comfortable sitting area, equipped with large LCD TV and DVD. Adjoining is the dining area with wonderful views of the village and skiing area of the Aberg mountain across the valley. Downstairs, there is a small games room with table tennis along with a sauna room. Modern kitchen includes: hob/stove, fridge/freezer with drinks chiller, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle and coffee machine. Catered or self-catering options are available.
In comfortably furnished bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
Equipped with large LCD TV and DVD
Adjoining dining area
With wonderful views of the village & Aberg mountain
With table tennis and a selection of board games
Perfect for evening relaxation after a day on the slopes
With all home facilities - catering or self-catering options available
Comfortable lounge & adjoining breakfast room
Dining with panoramic views
Terrace with views of the mountain
Sauna and relaxation area
Kitchen for self catered use
Chalet Sonne - the skiing
- Ski Amadé
- From Maria Alm you have access to Austria‘s largest ski paradise - Ski Amadé
- Ski Amadé boasts top ski resorts across 25 villages, 270 modern lifts and 760 snow-sure pistes, all available on just one ski pass.
- 275km easy blue runs, 390km intermediate red runs, 95km expert black runs
- 90 chair lifts, 47 cabin lifts, 81 tow lifts, 52 practice lifts
- Village slopes - Maria Alm
- The nearest lift is only 300m from Chalet Panorama and serves the Natrun beginners slopes.
- From the village centre there is a high speed gondola to the summit, the starting point of some intermediate runs through the pine forest or back down directly to the village.
- This area is recommended for beginners and for those first days on the slopes.
- Aberg Mountain
- An efficient ski bus service provides the link to the Aberg gondola station up to the mid-station.
- From this point there are a good range of beginners runs down. Or you can take a four man chair from the mid-station up to the summit at 1900m, where there is a choice of blue, red or black runs.
- Königstour – The Königstour offers 32km of connecting-piste from the Aberg through to Mühlbach - ideal for skiers or boarders wishing to explore further.
- The 2014/15 ski season saw the opening of the New Steinbergbahn cable car in Leogang. With a length of 3.8 km and a transport capacity of 2500 per hour, this lift is a superb addition to the area.
- The starting point of the new 10-person cable car is at the Krallerhof hotel near Saalfelden and the end is next to the existing station of the Asitz cable car. The Steinbergbahn lift is Leogang’s second modern 10-seater gondola from the valley up to the Skicircus.
- There are three fun parks as well as plenty of kilometres across the mountain to explore.
- Snowboarders and freeskiers have the chance to test their skills on the three terrain parks featuring rainbow boxes, mogul hills, easy kickers, straight boxes and more.
- Fun parks: Blue 11 on Aber, Blue 4 on Sunnhütte, Blue 2 on Natrun
- Evening activities
- Night skiing – available every Monday and Thursday between 6:30pm and 9:30pm from mid-December to mid-March. An experience of a very special kind, the slope is lit up brightly and promises boundless fun for all night owls.
- Tobogganing – family fun on the illuminated toboggan run, approximately 2km long.
- Night ski show spectacle – every Tuesday at 9:00pm in the Magic Area by the Simmerlift in Maria Alm. Spectators can watch athletes perform acts such as formation skiing and complementary to the music and video animated multimedia show.
- D’Almhüttn – situated on the edge of the village slopes is a very small and intimate bar. A family favourite - with local beers, homemade gluhwein, and schnapps for the brave.
- Dengl Alm – is the place to go after a hard days skiing. Where everyone congregates for a power hour in their ski suits and boots before the sun sets.
- Steinbok Alm – located in Hinterthal and nick named the ‘James Bond’ bar, the Steinbok Alm offers traditional Austrian cuisine along with a selection of finest champagne. Glass walls floor to ceiling allow picturesque views over the lake and mountain.
The prices shown below are per person based on two persons occupancy for a 7 night stay with buffet style breakfast, afternoon tea and 3 course evening meal with complimentary wine and coffee to follow. Our friendly chalet staff will cook and clean for you throughout. They will also assist you with all your ski equipment hire requirements. On one evening (the chefs night off) you are free to taste the local cuisine in the village at your own expense (applicable to fully catered holidays only).
|2018/19||7 nights catered PP||Self-catering Sole Occupancy|
Child Places and Reductions
Children under 12 sharing a triple or quad room with two full paying adults qualify for a reduction of 25% on the advertised price.
All Inclusive Package Holidays
We can also tailor make an all inclusive holiday package to the Chalet Panorama, including return flights and transfers. Contact us with your requirements for a competitive quotation from selected UK airport.
Ski Packs at Discounted Prices
We can arrange all your ski equipment hire in resort. Let us know what you require and leave the rest to us.
Salzburg is our nearest airport but Innsbruck and Munich are also convenient and are served by the following airlines - EasyJet (flights from Gatwick and Manchester), RyanAir (flights from Stansted) and British Airways (flights from Gatwick and Heathrow). We can arrange private taxi transfers from Salzburg, Innsbruck or Munich Airport, direct to the chalet.
Deposits for Fully Catered Board
A non refundable deposit of £200 or €250 per person within 5 days of placing your booking is payable. Only when the deposit has been received will your reservation be confirmed.
Chalet Rental Prices for Self Catering
The prices shown are for 7 nights with Saturday arrivals only. It is also based on sole occupancy for 9 persons chalet rental with supplements applicable for larger groups.
Deposits for Self Catering Week
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the rental cost is required within 5 days to secure the reservation. Your booking will be confirmed once payment has been received.
In the event of cancellation, deposits are not refunded. If your arrival is delayed, or if you leave prematurely, you will be charged the full amount for the dates originally reserved. In all other instances, Austrian Hotel Guidelines will apply. See Terms & Conditions.
Your Financial Protection
The holiday packages which include flights are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 9985. Please see our booking conditions for more information. Select Chalets is also ABTA bonded. Visit www.abta.com for more information.
Check In Times
Check in time on day of arrival is 16.00hrs and check out is 09.00hrs. Luggage storage can usually be arranged for the convenience of our guests.
Agents prices/fees are in additional to our direct prices stated within the website. Contact us for latest prices and availability.
Chalet Sonne rooms
- Sleeps 2
- Austrian twin bed
- En-suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC
- Use of sauna & games room
- Sleeps 4
- Austrian twin beds plus bunk bed
- Private bathroom with shower, basin and WC
- Use of sauna & games room
- Sleeps 3
- Austrian twin plus single bed
- En-suite shower, basin and WC
- Use of sauna & games room