UK Travel Updates
What You Can Learn from 7 Theme Fusion Success Stories
Testing requirements are in place for many destinations, and also for returning to the UK. Please check the FCDO website for travel advice and entry requirements for your chosen destination or ask our Travel Consultants for further information.
UK Entry Requirements
Everyone entering the UK must provide details of their journey and contact information by completing this mandatory passenger locator form within 48 hours of returning to the country.
If you are fully vaccinated (as stated in the UK government travel advice pages):
- Book and pay for a day 2 COVID-19 test to be taken after arrival – details of this purchase to be included in the Passenger Locator Form
- Take the COVID-19 test on or before day 2
This test is currently required to be a PCR test.
These rules also apply to those who are under 18 and resident in the UK or one of the countries with an approved vaccination programme. Children aged 4 and under do not need to take a test.
From 24 October, fully vaccinated passengers and most under 18s arriving in England can take a cheaper lateral flow test, instead of a PCR test, on or before day 2 of their arrival in Engalnd. These can be booked from 22 October. The list of approved private providers will go live on GOV.UK on the 22 October.
If you are not fully vaccinated:
- Take a COVID-19 test within 3 days of travel to the UK. This test could be a PCR, LAMP or antigen (for further details see UK government travel advice pages)
- Book and pay for a day 2 and day 8 PCR COVID-19 test to be taken after arrival
- Upon arrival quarantine for 10 days
- Take the COVID-19 test on or before day 2, and on or after day 8
If resident in England, you may be able to leave quarantine early through the Test to Release scheme by taking an additional test on day 5.
There are many different testing providers who can provide pre-departure, pre-return, and post-return tests. It is important to book the appropriate tests for your needs that will deliver the results in the required timeframes for your trip.